Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Court


Hampton Court Palace is one of many former palaces of King Henry VIII. The information is meant to bring guests into the world of the Tudors, including Henry and his many wives. As interesting as this is, I was really interested to visit the Palace because of a series of books that are my guilty pleasure The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones.

Jones's books are the story of Anita Palmer, a sixteen year old girl from London, who discovers she is the lost Princess of Faerie. Hampton Court provides the backdrop for the Faerie Palace as it aligns with the Faerie Realm and is one location where Anita (called Tania in the Faerie world) can safely sidestep between the two worlds.

I call them (yes, them, there are six and I'm holding my breath for a seventh) because they are meant for a much younger audience than 20-somethings. I get a little leeway though since I work with tweens and teens...at least I think I do.  So far whenever I finish a really tough semester the new book has been available and gives me an opportunity to just get lost in the story. They are great books if you like that sort of thing.

Also I recommend visiting Hampton Court Palace. The audio guide was informational (in parts, there is a little radio dramedy to it), and if you're a fan of Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn and the other ladies in his life, this is the place to visit. If you're lucky, you might catch the eye of Henry. Doing so simply requires a curtsy as he passes by.


1 comment:

  1. I stopped by your blog today. Hampton Court is one of my favorite places to visit. I spent a lot of time there and by the river when I lived in London.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete