Monday, July 25, 2011

Performers

As I briefly mentioned yesterday, street performers are all over London. Like many other things, London handles this population differently than most other cities (as far as I know). Convent Garden is one of the hottest spots in London for street performers to pedal their personal brand of entertainment. However, to garner a spot, they have to audition and obtain a license to perform.

Below is a video featuring a few of the performers I've happened across during my time in London.





As I said, these are just a sample. Jubilee Gardens (where the London Eye is located), is like a carnival. Along with the dancer at the end of the video, there were people performing as statues and only move when they receive money. There are are also plenty of people in costume. I saw Captain Jack Sparrow, Darth Vader, a man dressed as an iguana, a woman pretending (very convincingly) to be a cat and others.

Below are just a few photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment